Compile errors after updating libraries

Been having fun with my matrices and SmartMatrix shield. But I updated some libraries and now I get compile errors.
Okay, I understand I must use #include <SmartMatrix.h> instead or SmartMatrix3.h.
And I must #include <MatrixHardware_Teensy3_ShieldV4.h>
So I have a number of sketches to fix.
But in displaying my animated GIFs, I’m getting: ‘class GifDecoder<64, 32, 12>’ has no member named ‘getCycleNo’
This comes from the following code:
#if 0 // 0 for AND time/len, 1 for OR time/len
// default behavior is to play the gif for DISPLAY_TIME_SECONDS or for NUMBER_FULL_CYCLES, whichever comes first
if((now - displayStartTime_millis) > (DISPLAY_TIME_SECONDS * 1000) || decoder.getCycleNo() > NUMBER_FULL_CYCLES)
nextGIF = 1;
#else
// alt behavior is to play the gif until both DISPLAY_TIME_SECONDS and NUMBER_FULL_CYCLES have passed
if((now - displayStartTime_millis) > (DISPLAY_TIME_SECONDS * 1000) && decoder.getCycleNo() > NUMBER_FULL_CYCLES)
nextGIF = 1;
#endif

Did the GIF Decoder change?
Thanks!
Stan Hall

GifDecoder did change. See the part where it says:

There’s one important API change for previous users of the AnimatedGIFs sketch or earlier versions of the GifDecoder Library: A callback function that returns the current file size is required.

Also I cleaned up the API a bit. I standardized on “Number” instead of “No” for a couple methods:

Sorry if that’s causing you some problems, hopefully you can get going again quickly!

2 Likes

Thank you, for the help, gentlemen. I’m back up and running. A bit more coding to do to update my sketches, but all is well. Almost all, I have another question, but I’ll start a new subject for it.

Thanks again!
BTW, if anyone is interested, the “pin number” for the CS for the SD card on Teensy 3.5 is 254.

Stan Hall