How do I create a 64 x 64 matrix (not 32 x 128) using two 64 x 32 panels

Hello, and thanks for reading or replying =)

I want to join two 64 x 32 panels to create a 64 x 64 matrix (not 32 x 128). is this possible? what code adaptations are required? is it possible with the v4 shield?

aditional info;

im using a teensy 3.2, without the v4 shield, the panels are cheap ebay 32x64 p5 panels that Ive had working with the adafruit lib ( no issue witht the panels i dont think).

with the teensy set-up theyve worked but only in a 32X128 arrangment, and I cant seem to get them to change with the settings at the top of the arduino code.

const uint8_t kMatrixWidth = 32;
const uint8_t kMatrixHeight = 32;
const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_32ROW_MOD16SCAN
const uint8_t kMatrixOptions = (SMARTMATRIX_OPTIONS_NONE);

cheers

const uint8_t kMatrixWidth = 64;
const uint8_t kMatrixHeight = 64;
const uint8_t kRefreshDepth = 24;
const uint8_t kDmaBufferRows = 4;
const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_32ROW_MOD16SCAN;

const uint8_t kMatrixOptions = (SMARTMATRIX_OPTIONS_C_SHAPE_STACKING | MARTMATRIX_OPTIONS_BOTTOM_TO_TOP_STACKING); // “C Stacking”

thanks for the reply, but this doesnt seem to have sorted it. the text in the photo seems to line up when in a 32x128 arrangment, not 64x64. it wouldnt be anything to do with the fact that im not using level converters , or the teensy v4 shield would it?

IMG_6856

I’m not sure why you aren’t getting it working, but I can confirm that I have 2 64x32 panels, I just daisy chained them, used
and it just worked.
As a matter of fact , the panel on the left on
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MarcMERLIN/posts/Z3v3aJFq8VP
is 96x64 using 3x 32x64.
It just worked.

hmmm, ok. thats good to know. I can be sure its not down to the code settings then. i think i’ll try some hardware changes and report back. ive got a teensy 3.5 + the V4 shield in the post. marcmerlin, could you confirm what teensy you’re using and whether or not you’re using the V4 shield, please? cheers =)

That really shouldn’t happen if you changed width to 64. Try changing something else in your sketch and make sure your code actually got programmed onto the Teensy. e.g. change “Layer 1” to “asdf”, and make sure you see it on the screen.

I canged the code to say “64x64” , and the code mentioned by technikfreak.

with the teensy 3.5, the V4 shield, it worked a treat.

just to experiment i uploaded it back onto the teensy 3.2 with manual wiring, and it went back to doing the same thing. it also has poor image quality. i checked everything else like wiring a couple of times, but maybe im wrong about that. anyway, thanks for your replies guy’s, im good to carry on with my project now =)

IMG_6859

these are the settings;

const uint8_t kRefreshDepth = 24;
const uint8_t kDmaBufferRows = 4;
const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_32ROW_MOD16SCAN;

const uint8_t kMatrixOptions = (SMARTMATRIX_OPTIONS_C_SHAPE_STACKING | SMARTMATRIX_OPTIONS_BOTTOM_TO_TOP_STACKING);