Issue with P2-128x64 and ESP32

Hi

I have got P4-64x32 a long time ago and works normally so I wanted a bit bigger screen and ordered 128x64
I got new P2-128x64-32s-V4.0 (from AliExpress) model with FM6124 chips but as I read everywhere should come with E pin but this comes only with A, B and C

Screenshoot

When I connect directly to ESP32 DEVKIT V1 with following

#define COLOR_DEPTH 24
const uint16_t kMatrixWidth = 128;
const uint16_t kMatrixHeight = 64;
const uint8_t kRefreshDepth = 24;  
const uint8_t kDmaBufferRows = 4; 
const uint8_t kPanelType = SM_PANELTYPE_HUB75_64ROW_MOD32SCAN; 
const uint32_t kMatrixOptions = (SM_HUB75_OPTIONS_NONE); 
const uint8_t kBackgroundLayerOptions = (SM_BACKGROUND_OPTIONS_NONE);
const uint8_t kScrollingLayerOptions = (SM_SCROLLING_OPTIONS_NONE);
const uint8_t kIndexedLayerOptions = (SM_INDEXED_OPTIONS_NONE);

Also to mention I have connected it with modified pins

#define R1_PIN  GPIO_NUM_2
#define G1_PIN  GPIO_NUM_15
#define B1_PIN  GPIO_NUM_4
#define R2_PIN  GPIO_NUM_16
#define G2_PIN  GPIO_NUM_27
#define B2_PIN  GPIO_NUM_17

#define A_PIN   GPIO_NUM_5
#define B_PIN   GPIO_NUM_18
#define C_PIN   GPIO_NUM_19
#define D_PIN   -1
#define E_PIN   -1
#define LAT_PIN GPIO_NUM_26
#define OE_PIN  GPIO_NUM_25

#define CLK_PIN GPIO_NUM_22

Not sure if -1 should go or not but anyhow I get random things on screen (can take video if needed)

Anyone have same issue? Had similar problems that I can try/help me?

Thanks a lot

Please share a full picture of the back of the panel and video. FM6124 have been confirmed by others in the forum to work.

Are there multiple types of chips on the board? Do you have the part number of the other part(s)? Likely the row drivers, usually multiple and arranged vertically

Sorry for that

Here is an image

There is only 3 of them markings are: 74HC245C
and TC7558N under this middle plastic (not sure how many of them assume 8(6 can read) 2 are deep under)

Here is video
https://vimeo.com/500687025

I’m not 100% sure but based on what I saw on the chinese datasheet it looks like this chip is one of the AB or AC or ABC panels that requires a clock and latch signal on the address lines instead of just driving address directly. SmartMatrix Library can’t currently support this, and is unlikely to be able to support it on the ESP32 without an external circuit.

I don’t have a panel like this to test, every time I try to order one I get a panel that “works” when I want one that doesn’t work to add this feature to SmartMatrix Library.

You may find it works with hzeller’s RPi library. I’m not sure if there’s an ESP32 libraries that support a panel like this.

I’m in London so if you are in UK/Europe I can send you panel no problem at all if that will help to support it :muscle:

I’m in Cambridge! I’ll send you my address tomorrow

1 Like

Have you tried the rPi library with them? https://github.com/hzeller/rpi-rgb-led-matrix/issues/823