SmartMatrix Panel Map Setup

I’m setting up a 2 SCAN RGB 32x16 P10 panel with A and B lines plus a Teensy 3.5 and the V4shield.

I’m using this to map it out

const uint8_t kMatrixWidth = 128;
const uint8_t kMatrixHeight = 4;
const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_4ROW_MOD2SCAN;

In reverse engineering map mode I have 2 pixels lighting at the same time in 1 column but 2 different rows, example in column 0, row 1 and 2 light together, then 3 and 4 etc. The pattern on this panel is top to bottom as opposed to the more common left to right.

Is there a way around this issue?

Are you sure it’s a /2 scan panel? There are static panels. I have some samples but don’t think they are supported by the current mapping code.

See what happens if you set the Width to 256 in reverse engineering mode.

256 doesn’t seem do anything unfortunately. The panel doesn’t light any leds, and I let it run for 5 minutes+

Since it only had A and B lines I was sure this panel was going to be a breeze to map. :confused:

I’ve included a few pictures just incase you are curious. One of the silk on the rear, and one when the width is at 128 and running

@Sav Were you able to run those panels?

Nope. I think some of the I/O lines are different polarity. Too bad cause they are very common panels. Would be nice to be able to change polarity easily for testing.

@jaroslav @Sav Can you share where you got these panels from? I might order one and try to get it to work.

I’ve ought them locally. What’s worse, seller uses Chinese controllers that work with all panel types, and he can’t be sure that he will get those same panels the next time they arrive, otherwise I could be able to send you one.

I’ve lost track of where mine came from since I purchase led modules from random companies. If they didn’t work for the adafruit library, I’d move on to some other company trying to find one that worked.

BUT

It could have been Shenzhen Lightwell here module site

They have SMD P10 1/2 scan outdoor 16x32 Hub75 RGB modules. Unfortunately I can’t be sure.