Compiling issues: Error code included

Hello all. Don’t see that anyone else has said issues. I’m speaking of Compilation issues. I can’t compile any SmartMatrix code. Nothing and I don’t know why. Here is a error sample:

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows 10), TD: 1.27, Board: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz optimized (overclock), US English"

WARNING: Category '' in library Scheduler is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library Temboo is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library USBHost is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
In file included from C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral\FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:11:0:
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:12:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3001000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3001000  (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)
^
C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\builda088532a1b74d50782b99f3c1064f391.tmp\sketch\FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino.cpp.o: In function `setup':
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:63: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::begin()'
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:66: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::setBrightness(unsigned char)'
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:67: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::setColorCorrection(colorCorrectionModes)'
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:70: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::fillScreen(rgb24 const&)'
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:71: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::swapBuffers(bool)'
C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\builda088532a1b74d50782b99f3c1064f391.tmp\sketch\FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino.cpp.o: In function `loop':
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:231: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::backBuffer()'
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:259: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::swapBuffers(bool)'
C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Temp\builda088532a1b74d50782b99f3c1064f391.tmp\sketch\FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\Electronics Fun\Sketches\FunkyCloudsSpiral/FunkyCloudsSpiral.ino:30: undefined reference to `SmartMatrix::SmartMatrix()'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Fred,

You can paste code or error reports using the “Preformatted text” tool and it will be much easier to read. It’s na icon that looks like this </>. I edited your post to add the formatting

Do any of the examples that are included with SmartMatrix work?

Can you paste the entire app that you’re trying to compile here?

If the app was make for the old version of the SmartMatrix Library, it needs to be updated to work with SmartMatrix 3. See the Migration doc for details:

There are issues compiling Aurora in Arduino 1.6.7, so this could be the same thing. Try Arduino 1.6.5… that is the newest version I have confirmed working.

Update: maybe I’m behind the times, it looks like Louis fixed the issues with 1.6.7 a few days ago, but make sure you have the fixed version of SmartMatrix.

There’s a new release with Arduino 1.6.8 compatibility: