Pong Clock on SmartMatrix

Source code: https://github.com/pixelmatix/aurora/blob/Aurora1.5/PatternPongClock.h

I recently came across Paul Kourany’s port of Pong Clock. It’s a fork of Andrew Holmes’ Pong Clock, which, in turn, is “Inspired by, and shamelessly derived from Nick’s LED Projects”.

The 2 players automatically win and lose so their scores show the hours and minutes.

Anyway, once I saw it, I knew I had to port it to SmartMatrix/FastLED. :slight_smile: My port still has some bugs/glitches that I plan to work out (visible in the video).

Anyone else have any cool ideas for patterns and/or clock faces?

1 Like

Another question. I implemented this as another pattern. It’s drawn on the background layer and a clock or scrolling message can be shown on top of it in the foreground layer. Showing a clock on top of it doesn’t really make sense, but a scrolling message might. I could, alternatively, implement this as a clock face. It’d be drawn in the foreground, so you’d see a pattern or animation behind in the background. But it also means it can only be a single color, which doesn’t seem like a problem, as it’s currently all black and white (for maximum retro feel).

Thoughts?