I finally got a 64x64 display assembled and working! After testing with the FeatureDemo and AnimatedGIFs examples, I immediately set out to get Aurora working. Aurora uses a lot of RAM, and combined with the quadrupled buffers required for 64x64, it just wouldn’t fit. So I started a new branch for 64x64 and started hacking away, disabling features.
I have the Menu, Settings, Patterns, and Audio Patterns working. Animations are not disabled, but do not work yet. The buffer used to decode the GIFs is just too big after being quadrupled to handle 64x64 images. I’m trying to rework it to just decode directly to the background layer’s buffer, but I think that might cause problems with some GIF frame disposal methods.
Anyway, it’s up on GitHub if anyone want to try it out: https://github.com/pixelmatix/aurora/tree/sm3.0-64x64
Here’s some video of it in action. It really doesn’t do it justice, it’s so much more amazing in person.