Does anyone have experience with the HRL0P4-10S-1921V3.2 modules in couple the SmartMatrix library?

Does anyone have experience with the HRL0P4-10S-1921V3.2 modules in couple the SmartMatrix library?

Module - P4, 80x40, 320x160mm, fullcolor, outdoor, IC16208S/DP32020A decoding.
Controller - ESP32 with latch.

Pixel mapping known, but can’t get correct picture.

I think problem is in DP32020A, which have different control inputs from commonly used 138 decoders. It uses serial interface - DIN, DCK, RCK, DOUT (data, clock, output register latch, data for next chip), instead of A0, A1 and A2 for decoder-multiplexers.

DP32020A - is shift register, therefore it needs different control. Whether SmartMatrix library supports such type ICs in role of decoder.

If someone knows this, please help.

Thanks in advance

Sorry, more complex address devices like that IC aren’t supported by SmartMatrix. They may be supported by the hzeller raspberry pi project

Thanks for the response

I found the solution myself.

I used ATMEGA88 microcontroller to convert “A”, “B”, “C”, “D” address signals to DIN (on C line) and DCK (on A line) signals for 32020 chip.

ATMEGA88 runs on an internal RC oscillator, so no external components are required.

A very simple code was sufficient for this purpose. On port C, which is configured as input, we read “A”, “B”, “C”, “D” address. “C_din” and “A_dck” are pins of D port configured as output. “B_rck” is not used and always in zero state.
Capture1

Although it is quite possible to use an Arduino nano.

The image is completely clear and stable.

Wow, what a great idea! I never considered implementing address translation with a little micro. I’ll add this solution to the wiki when I have time to let others know SmartMatrix library can (with a little help) work with more types of panels

1 Like

Hi
Work with shift register multiplexer is a very simple, the code is literally a couple the lines:

digitalWrite(pin_DMD_B, HIGH);
		digitalWrite(pin_DMD_C, (curr_row == 0)); // Shift out 1 for line 0, 0 otherwise
		digitalWrite(pin_DMD_A, HIGH); // Clock out this bit
		digitalWrite(pin_DMD_A, LOW);
		digitalWrite(pin_DMD_B, LOW);

The code - put 1 in the register at row 0 and shift it one bit at every next row.

See lines 926-936 at file: