Error compiling for ESP32 Dev module

Hi am getting following error while compiling the multiple text layers example code for ESP32 dev module.
@Louis
And also please provide the link for Smartmatrix shield for ESP32 dev module as well as documentation to use the shiled.

I2S_TX_DATA_NUM_S
C:\Users\dell\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SmartMatrix-master\src\esp32_i2s_parallel.c:285:27: error: 'I2S1O_DATA_OUT8_IDX' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'I2S_TX_DATA_NUM_S'?
             sig_data_base=I2S1O_DATA_OUT8_IDX;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           I2S_TX_DATA_NUM_S
C:\Users\dell\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SmartMatrix-master\src\esp32_i2s_parallel.c:289:17: error: 'I2S1O_WS_OUT_IDX' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'I2S_RX_WS_OUT_DELAY'?
         sig_clk=I2S1O_WS_OUT_IDX;
                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                 I2S_RX_WS_OUT_DELAY
C:\Users\dell\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SmartMatrix-master\src\esp32_i2s_parallel.c:384:48: error: 'ESP_INTR_FLAG_IRAM' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE'?
     esp_intr_alloc(ETS_I2S1_INTR_SOURCE, (int)(ESP_INTR_FLAG_IRAM | ESP_INTR_FLAG_LEVEL1), i2s_isr, NULL, NULL);
                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE
C:\Users\dell\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SmartMatrix-master\src\esp32_i2s_parallel.c:384:69: error: 'ESP_INTR_FLAG_LEVEL1' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE'?
     esp_intr_alloc(ETS_I2S1_INTR_SOURCE, (int)(ESP_INTR_FLAG_IRAM | ESP_INTR_FLAG_LEVEL1), i2s_isr, NULL, NULL);
                                                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                     ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE
exit status 1
Error compiling for board ESP32 Dev Module.

have you fixed your problem ?? i have the same problem

not fixed still now , re installed the library but not working

Use board of esp32 V 1.0.6 to fix the problem

ok thanks, i will try it

1 Like

have you fixed your problem ?

I have ESP32 dev V1 and same problem. have you fixed your problem ?

Until @louis can fix smartmatrix to deal with the newer ESP32 headers, you need to downgrade the ESP32 libs for things to compile

1 Like

Still not fixed。

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE
C:/Users/67731/Documents/arduino_lib/SmartMatrix/src/esp32_i2s_parallel.c:384:69: error: 'ESP_INTR_FLAG_LEVEL1' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE'?
                                                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                     ESP_ERR_FLASH_BASE
*** [.pio\build\nodemcu-32s\lib08f\SmartMatrix\esp32_i2s_parallel.c.o] Error 1
=============================================================== [FAILED] Took 35.62 seconds ==

Looks like no one is actively using that code anymore, but from the output, it seems that getting an older ESP32 dev branch, finding those defines and copying them in the smartmatrix code, would likely fix this