Hub75 matrix with teensy4.1 fails to light up despite following documentation

I’ve attached a teensy 4.1 to two chained hub75 matrices from Adafruit, link to product attached. The teensy is manually wired to the matrix according to the .h file included in the path

/SmartMatrix/src/MatrixHardware_Teensy4_ShieldV5.h

… with a ribbon connector from the first to the second; output to input.

I’ve wired everything up according to the SmartMatrix Shield V5 for teensy 4/4.1, but nothing shows on the matrices at all. The example codes compile and run perfectly fine but nothing shows up; the screen remains blank and unlit. I notice that there are no specific pins referenced for the ADDX signals other than that they were defined as the RGB pins. I don’t know if that is the issue but some wisdom would be awesome.

Link to matrices: 64x32 RGB LED Matrix - 3mm pitch : ID 2279 : $44.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
Examples attempted (with results):

• Adafruit_GFX; no issues detected, code runs perfectly well but nothing lights up.
  • Spectrum Analyzer I2s; Removed audio analysis portions and included only matrix setup and pixel draw, code runs well and nothing lights up

Any more information I should include please ask :slight_smile:

Hi, you can’t directly wire up the Teensy 4.x to a panel, you need at least the latch chip that’s used in the SmartLED Shield.

2 Likes

Ah, i see. Thanks so much.