Seeking working 32x32 GIF/SD Teensy player

Getting closer to a solution, i think. MIGRATION fails completely (Pixelmatix). Here’s what I’ve found so far.
decoder.setScreenClearCallback(screenClearCallback);
decoder.setUpdateScreenCallback(updateScreenCallback);
decoder.setDrawPixelCallback(drawPixelCallback);

decoder.setFileSeekCallback(fileSeekCallback);
decoder.setFilePositionCallback(filePositionCallback);
decoder.setFileReadCallback(fileReadCallback);
decoder.setFileReadBlockCallback(fileReadBlockCallback);

// NOTE: new callback function required after we moved to using the external AnimatedGIF library to decode GIFs
decoder.setFileSizeCallback(fileSizeCallback);

Getting into the GIFDecoder.h file and with this error at the bottom of the IDE:

‘decoder’ does not name a type

What type am I looking for? If I can change the GIFDecoder.h file to represent a ‘type’ then perhaps the sketch just might compile. Right?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’ve been at this for a week now.

Please paste the full compilation output as I can’t tell what’s wrong from just the one error

Solutions offered still don’t work. These are the current error messages. What I find extremely interesting is that the error says I haven’t installed SmartMatrix3.h. I searched on SmartMatrix by Louis Beaudoin and guess what, SmartMatrix.h and SmartMatrix4.h are the only 2 header files available. Whaaat!!!

Arduino: 1.8.16 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.55, Board: “Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz (overclock), Faster, US English”

/Volumes/EXTERNAL HD/Arduino/Sketchbook/AnimatedGIFs-master/examples/SmartMatrixGifProfiling/SmartMatrixGifProfiling.ino:76:26: fatal error: SmartMatrix3.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

You’re using a sketch from a very out of date AnimatedGIFs library (note GIFs not GIF). That library is now retired and replaced by GifDecoder which depends on AnimatedGIF (no s), written by someone else.

SmartMatrix Library is now on version 4, so SmartMatrix3 isn’t applicable.

I think you’d be better served by starting with a fresh Library directory and using Arduino Library Manager (not installing .zips) to download the latest versions. Once that is working, you can try installing manually.

I’m using the AnimatedGifs example that’s included in the latest version of SmartMatrix Library to compile. I don’t recommend using old versions of AnimatedGIFs sketches, as a lot has changed in the last few years.