Smartmatrix 3 and Aurora for sm3

Hi guys.

I posted previously regarding aurora on a 16x32 display. ive been following the move to smartmatrix version 3 on github, liking the fact that its more configurable, hoping that it may sort out my issues using Aurora or parts of it on a 16x32 display. ive seen that jason has put up a version of Aurora for the sm3 on github. i can`t see to get it to compile. throwing lots of errors. revolving around streaming.h, and menu.h, and matrix not being declared.

am i jumping the gun here, i do i have a problem :slight_smile:

Heres the error im receiving.

Aurora:76: error: macro “SMARTMATRIX_ALLOCATE_BUFFERS” requires 7 arguments, but only 6 given
Aurora:76: error: ‘SMARTMATRIX_ALLOCATE_BUFFERS’ does not name a type
In file included from Aurora.ino:118:0:
C:\Users\Manny\AppData\Local\Temp\build2228584398431778125.tmp\IrCodes.h: In function ‘InputCommand readSerialCommand()’:
IrCodes.h:520: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
matrix.setBrightness(brightness);
^
In file included from Aurora.ino:166:0:
C:\Users\Manny\AppData\Local\Temp\build2228584398431778125.tmp\StreamingMode.h: In member function ‘void StreamingMode::drawFrameTPM2()’:
StreamingMode.h:52: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
int bufferSize = matrix.getScreenHeight() * matrix.getScreenWidth() * 3;
^
C:\Users\Manny\AppData\Local\Temp\build2228584398431778125.tmp\StreamingMode.h: In member function ‘void StreamingMode::drawFrameTPM2net()’:
StreamingMode.h:94: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
int bufferSize = matrix.getScreenHeight() * 32 * 3;
^
In file included from Aurora.ino:170:0:
C:\Users\Manny\AppData\Local\Temp\build2228584398431778125.tmp\Menu.h: In member function ‘void Menu::run(MenuItem**, int)’:
Menu.h:116: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
matrix.setBrightness(0);
^
Menu.h:120: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
matrix.setBrightness(brightness);
^
Aurora.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
Aurora:242: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
Aurora.ino: In function ‘void loadRotationSetting()’:
Aurora:557: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
Aurora.ino: In function ‘void loadSettings()’:
Aurora:563: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
Aurora.ino: In function ‘void adjustBrightness(int, boolean)’:
Aurora:623: error: ‘matrix’ was not declared in this scope
’matrix’ was not declared in this scope

thanks guys.

update… i ended up copying all the main defines…and const uint8_t kmatrixwidth, height,refreshdepth etc over from the featuredemo of sm3 into aurora. and kpaneltype which was missing and it compiled without errors… some of them were in a different order, if that makes a difference ?

Yeah, I haven’t updated Aurora with the latest SmartMatrix 3 changes from the last few weeks. Glad you were able to get it compiling without errors! Want to submit a pull request? If not, I can try to get it updated tonight.

I went ahead and pushed the changes. Like you said, all I had to do was copy over the differences from FeatureDemo. Thanks!

While I’m in here, I’ll go ahead and see what I can do about the audio patterns supporting different display sizes. :smile:

Hi Jason, I only got my hands on Aurora last night, wasn’t sure if it was completed yet, did see a few changes so had my fingers crossed when I went to compile it. As I have mentioned before me and code do not work well together :smiley:.

I loaded both the sm3 example and Aurora to see the differences. My last effort of getting it to compile I think I had one eye open, and a Mrs beside me snoring like a train :grinning:. I think if I had plugged the matrix in to see if it would work, I would have woken with a few vital organs missing :grinning:. So it was more luck that it compiled. I Will try later to see if there are any differences. Any additions to the spectrum analyser side of Aurora on the 16x32 would be great.

Thanks again guys for the efforts on the smartmatrix and Aurora.