Configuring AnimatedGIFs takes a few steps, including modifying a .cpp file to run larger than 32x32. Make sure you follow the configuration instructions. I know there’s a lot of comments at the top, it’s easy to overlook this. If it’s still not working, please post back.
* - update the "SmartMatrix configuration and memory allocation" section to match the width and height and other configuration of your display
* - Note for 128x32 and 64x64 displays - need to reduce RAM:
* set kRefreshDepth=24 and kDmaBufferRows=2 or set USB Type: "None" in Arduino,
* decrease refreshRate in setup() to 90 or lower to get good an accurate GIF frame rate
* - WIDTH and HEIGHT are defined in GIFParseFunctions.cpp, update to match the size of your GIFs
* only play GIFs that are size WIDTHxHEIGHT or smaller