Using SmartMatrix library with HUB12 monochrome panels

Hi all!
I’m using ESP32 and P10 HUB12 panel. I want to use SmartMatrix library for my project.

I already connected everything to my ESP32 board and using multi row refreshing mapping example i got something shown.
I’m using only A and B pins so look’s like when example code goes to height above 2 nothing is shown.

So before going to deep by my own i would like to ask some help figuring how to use this library with this type of panels.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/DXFlJaDSEjQ

I don’t think SmartMatrix supports AB panels, so you’d have to write your own mapping function

Can you share a picture of the back of your panel? Do you have a link to where you bought the panel?

Sorry but I don’t have a link because I just bought it in local store.

It’s a HUB12 (not HUB75) pinout. You can search Google Images for what a HUB12 pinout looks like.

I added limited support for HUB12 panels, with some brief info here:

Some more details are in the ESP32 branch README:

Great. Thanks a lot for your help. Works fine but there some ghost effect around numbers. How I can fix this?

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on here, but it looks like some kind of issue with clock timing or polarity.

I may have broken something on the ESP32 branch with this commit, can you reverse this commit locally and see if it works better?