Help needed with creating a new kPanelType for P5 64x32 1/8 scan!

Hello !

I’m having trouble understanding what do I need to do to create a new kPanelType to use with my 64x32 LED Display.
One of the issues is that I am not certain what row scan this display uses. I couldn’t find this model online. I received it as part of a project. It previously worked with 1/8 scan with PxMatrix using A, B, C, D, E pins.

I am using ESP32 Wrover-B DevKitV4 together with a breadboard and no Logic Level Shifters or Shields.
I believe the Display is tolerant enough to work without LLS, because I made it work with PxMatrix, but, in any case, I have a couple of those at hand.

I’ve read the MultiRowRefreshMapping.ino several times, and I have some questions regarding the test.

The test is very strange, because it requires a kPanelType value. WHY ? If this is a tool for creating a kPanelType why does it need one ?

It says

const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_4ROW_MOD2SCAN;   // Use this to reverse engineer mapping for a MOD2 panel
//const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_8ROW_MOD4SCAN;   // Use this to reverse engineer mapping for a MOD4 panel

But what do I write for my 64x32 1/8 panel ? There is nothing to write…

I understand that for 64x32 1/8 I need kMatrixHeight = 16 and kMatrixWidth = 128 but when changing to these values the display is black, because there isn’t a kPanelType value corresponding with those values.

kMatrixHeight = 8 works with kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_8ROW_MOD4SCAN; .

kMatrixHeight = 4; works with kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_4ROW_MOD2SCAN;

What is the value of kPanelType for 1/8 scan ?

Any thoughts ? Thank you !

LATER EDIT:

This is what it looks like https://youtu.be/9FbKjUr0dHc
with the following code:

#if (SKETCH_MODE == MODE_MAP_REVERSE_ENGINEERING)
const uint8_t kMatrixWidth = 128;        // known working: 16, 32, 48, 64
const uint8_t kMatrixHeight = 8;       // known working: 32, 64, 96, 128
//const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_4ROW_MOD2SCAN;   // Use this to reverse engineer mapping for a MOD2 panel
const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_8ROW_MOD4SCAN;   // Use this to reverse engineer mapping for a MOD4 panel
#endif

It’s the same with the following code:

#if (SKETCH_MODE == MODE_MAP_REVERSE_ENGINEERING)
const uint8_t kMatrixWidth = 128;        // known working: 16, 32, 48, 64
const uint8_t kMatrixHeight =4;       // known working: 32, 64, 96, 128
const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_4ROW_MOD2SCAN;   // Use this to reverse engineer mapping for a MOD2 panel
//const uint8_t kPanelType = SMARTMATRIX_HUB75_8ROW_MOD4SCAN;   // Use this to reverse engineer mapping for a MOD4 panel
#endif

[SOLVED] 64x32 LED matrix Library recommendation ?!
[SOLVED] 64x32 LED matrix Library recommendation ?!